Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
- Basic Set Up
- File Configuration
- Request/Response Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The WebDAV (HTTP PUT) Data Destination sends data from submitted forms to systems that support the WebDAV technology. The standard use of WebDAV allows a server to act as a network drive, enabling collaborative work on files and objects contained in that folder. ProntoForms WebDAV uses HTTP PUT, which allows users to:
- Create objects in an online collection or network drive
- Change or update objects in an online collection or network drive
- Move objects in an online collection or network drive
Most modern Operating Systems (OS) support some form of webDAV.
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Destination Basics: Name the destination. Optionally choose to auto-link forms and documents to this destination.
- Add Filtering: With a filter set up, form submissions will only be sent through the destination if the filter is met. Read more here.
- Connection:Set up an HTTP Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration and Request/Response Configuration tabs as discussed below.
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) as separate files.
This is the folder your documents will be sent to. If the folder doesn't exist yet, it will be created.
- Single folder: Enter the folder name. For a folder named "Inspections", enter "Inspections".
- Multiple folders: Use Data Record Expression Language.
- %f - to sort submissions into folders named after the form.
- %u - to sort submissions into folders named after the user submitting the form.
- %a[Unique ID] - to sort submissions into folders named with the answer to a chosen question. For more information on Unique IDs, click here.
- Optionally add static text for formatting - eg. "%f -- %a[Customer Name]"
Use the parameter builder to choose which individual answers to send.
- Key: The name of the POST parameter that the destination will use.
- Value Expression: Use Data Record Expression Language to choose the data to send. Use the answer to a question by referencing a question's unique ID.
- Note: Answer values which are binary data (e.g. data from an image capture or signature) are base64 encoded.
Select which HTTP response codes indicate a successful call. Optionally, you can use a Regular Expression to analyze the HTTP response body to determine success vs. failure. The Regular Expression results in success if the pattern is found anywhere in the body.
In order for the destination to send any submitted form data, it must first be connected to the form. This is done in the Data Destinations tab of the form builder.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.